To originate and provide deal flow across all relevant product areas of Nedbank Corporate and Investment Banking (NCIB) and the Nedbank Group, assume accountability for the direction, market growth and sustainable performance of a sector-focussed unit and own and run a portfolio of key clients in the sector, in order to drive revenue for the bank.
- Develop, build, manage and grow a portfolio of key clients within the FMCG and Healthcare sectors through the delivery of exceptional service levels and quality products, leveraging internal and external relationships.
- Identify and drive new client acquisitions relating to the sector through strategic oversight on action plans to targeted unbanked clients.
- Actively originate new transactions within the sector and involving relevant product areas timeously to generate deal flow.
- Drive collaboration across all areas of NCIB and managing key stakeholders internally (at relevant product areas, including amongst others Investment Banking, Markets, Credit, Transactional Services, Compliance) to ensure delivery of sustainable and innovative client solutions.
- Lead the sector team to explore new opportunities, enhance returns and track and monitor performance against budgets.
- Prepare and manage Sector Plans by continuously engaging client executives to understand their short to medium term strategies and ensure that internal systems, process, services and solutions are aligned.
- Deliver on the CVM and Sector Gross Operating Income (GOI) target by pro-actively engaging clients and delivering products and solutions applicable and relevant to clients.
- Entrench the Client Coverage Model within CIB through increased origination, improving client centricity and becoming trusted advisors to our clients.
Responsibilities + Skills
Business AcumenClient Service ManagementCommunication StrategiesSector Knowledge & Specialisation : FMCG or HealthcareBanking ProceduresGovernance, Risk and ControlsRelevant Regulatory KnowledgeStakeholder Management
Relevant B DegreePreferred QualificationRelevant Masters degree / CA(SA)/CFA
Minimum 10 years' business experience with knowledge of corporate and investment banking products and relevant sector experience within the FMCG or Healthcare sectors. Exposure and dealings in Rest of Africa, M & A or Project Finance will be advantageous.