- To provide reactive and pro-active insights into Retail & Business Banking customers to influence business strategy and optimise the performance around the customer value chain.
- Financial modelling and data analytics for business cases and for an in depth understanding of the portfolio are key requirements both at a Retail and Business Banking level and across areas and business centres within the province.
Financial and Business Insights
- Understand the key drivers that inform the provincial financial results as well as the corresponding leading indicators. Identify and establish the relevant levers necessary to influence customer profitability in line with the RBB strategy and provincial storyline.
- Provide recommendations to optimise key metrics such as operating Income, ROE, impairments, and cost to Income ratio based on empirical data.
- Use both internal as well as external data and modelling techniques to building financial models that will provide business insight necessary for effective decision making. These will include (but not limited to): o
- Utilisation of these financial models to optimise campaigns, enhance value propositions, determine optimal resources required in certain markets, inform branch profitability and optimal operational hours; inform markets we should be exiting or entering into, establish the optimal channel mix between digital, ATM and branch channels e.t.c.
- Highlight key trends, patterns or opportunities to drive superior earnings.
- Partner with Measurement in the production of regular key measure
- Partner with the provincial data manager in the journey to remediate data quality and completeness.
- Accuracy and relevance of insights for effective decision making;
- Quality, accuracy and on time delivery of analytics and insights produced
- Quality and feasibility of recommendations
Responsibilities + Skills
Strategic planning and reportingUnderstanding IFRSPlanning, Forecasting and budgetingProject AccountingFinancial and Accounting ControlInterpreting Financial Statements
Mathematical Sciences Honours DegreeInformation Studies Honours DegreeFinance and Accounting Honours Degree
5-7 Years Previous experience in working with customer and account level data across various products in a banking industry. Experience in working with SQL, writing SQL queries, developing BI reports and data mapping. Experience in working in a team which involves receiving input and delivering to multiple stakeholders. Experience in data analytics and generation of actionable insights in line with a sound understanding of leading and lagging measures required to drive outcomes.