Finance: budgeting and forecasting, creating interim and annual financial statements, facilitating internal mergers and acquisitions, as well as dealing with analysts and investors.
- To extract, transform and load correct financial and non-financial data from the relevant source onto the financial data mart as defined by the Manager: Data Management in order to support measurement requirements.
- To ensure that the data loaded in the data mart reconciles back to the relevant sources (e.g. SAS libraries, SQL, manual files, etc.) that it was extracted from.
- The MIS Manager is responsible for supporting the PBB SA with timely Reporting/Dashboard/Scorecard solutions using SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS/QlikView/Power BI, Oracle, MS Excel, SAS and similar Business Intelligence tools.
Key Responsibilities/AccountabilitiesData governance
- Extracts, transforms and loads raw data in line with governance standards.
- Adheres to the measurement governance standards that are defined in line with business rules that are built into the data mart.
- No variance between the developed models and the data in the financial data mart
- No adverse audit findings
- Adherence to the measurement governance standards
Responsibilities + Skills
Loads raw data from relevant sources (e.g. SAS libraries, SQL, manual files, etc.) in order to ensure a single source of measurement on the financial data mart.Validates and reconciles the data back to the relevant sources (e.g. SAS libraries, SQL, manual files, etc.). Adheres to validation standards as stated in the governance framework.Loads a subset of the tables in the central financial data mart to assist in ensuring that the data in the data mart is sufficient to answer business and finance requests.Ensures that the data extracted, transformed and loaded is automated where possible and writes automation code accordingly.Measures:Stakeholder feedback on quality of dataAvailability of raw data to answer business questionsNo variance between data sources data and the financial data mart
Extracts, transforms and loads raw data from relevant sources (e.g. SAS libraries, SQL, manual files, etc.) in order to satisfy data requirements as defined by the line manager.Ensures that the extracted data is loaded onto the centralised financial data mart.Reports any technical malfunctioning of the financial data mart that threatens adherence to business and compliance requirements to the line manager.Measures:Timeous escalation of data mart technical malfunctioningSource data availability, accessibility, and usability in the PBB SA data mart
Creation and maintenance of reports as required for measurement and financial/non-financial reporting daily/weekly/Monthly to business and finance functional areasManages the consolidation of all relevant measurement (business, process and performance), MIS and standardised reporting for functional areaProvides and adheres to reporting requirements and standards as stipulated in the service level agreement (SLA); measurement governance frameworkProvide continues improvement reporting and analyticsGenerate both periodic and ad hoc reports as needed.Analyse business information to identify process improvements for increasing business efficiency and effectiveness.Identify and drive the translation of Adhoc reports to automated dashboard based reportsProvides trend analytics pro-actively, and on stakeholder request.Puts plans in place to automate all standardised reporting functionsPreferred Qualification and ExperienceFirst Degree IT and Computer SciencesCertifications(Advantage)Qlik(QlikView/QlikSense)Power BIMS SQL SSRS/SSIS/SSASTeradataBusiness IntelligenceData AnalyAgile 101Experience3-4 YearsPrevious experience in the movement of data from the relevant source (e.g. SAS libraries, SQL, manual files, etc.) into a data mart using appropriate tools (e.g., SQL tools).Knowledge/Technical Skills/ExpertiseFormulation of strategic initiativesDevelop predictive modelsDevelopment of Planning, Forecasting and Budgeting modelsData preparation for Project, financial Accounting and providing insights into financial statements