In conjunction with the service design teams, design and maintain optimal object models/structures at both an enterprise and system / application level that meet the business and architectural objectives of the organisation, and, where required, lead a team of modelers performing this work
- Design object models that meet the business requirements and align to the agreed architecture framework.
- Ensure object modelling deliverables are delivered according to project plan and budget to meet commitment to stakeholders.
- Analyse and profile the source data to understand data quality issues, relationships, patterns and rules in the data.
- •Maintain up to date knowledge of latest developments in the Object Modelling domain, including reading; continuous professional development courses; seminars and conferences.
- In conjunction with the Data Modelling CoE, provide a comprehensive governance framework and define the object modelling standards.
- Advise stakeholders and other staff on application of object modelling practices through consultation.
- Ensure improved performance by providing feedback on improvements to the modelling framework.
- Perform review on work performed by team members, manage team to ensure quality delivery of models
- Identify opportunities to improve or enhance processes.
Responsibilities + Skills
Has demonstrable experience in developing custom models as well as modelling utilising Industry data models/standards such as IFW BPS, IFW BOM, Acord etc.Experience in model managementExperience in compiling and monitoring standards and developing/maturing an object modelling practiceExperience using relevant Object Modelling Tools
Advanced Diploma/DegreeEssential Qualifications - NQF LevelAdvanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Essential CertificationsThe Data Management Association International (DAMA), TOGAFMinimum Experience Level5 years plus and/or relevant industry experience as well as experience in the Data Modelling disciplineAble to demonstrate practical experience in object oriented modelling techniques as well as leading teams of modelers