To provide strategic thought leadership to Group Technology and the Nedbank Africa Regions clusters by developing and implementing a strategy definition, process and measurement against the Group’s long-term strategy. This will include management information for the development and execution of strategy, managing strategic projects, providing risk and change management and a people development function in the office of the Chief Information Officer to achieve Nedbank's strategic goals.
- Act as custodian of the Clusters Strategic Artefacts (for example: Dagwood; Strategic Focus Areas; Strategic Initiatives).
- Assist in the identification of strategic opportunities for Group through market analytics and research Support the achievement of the business strategy; objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems; process; services and solutions are aligned.
- Compile strategic planning framework through joint facilitation with cluster strategic executives.
- Facilitate the formulation of strategy in the form of three-year business plan.
- Coordinate strategic initiatives and collaboration through joint planning and review sessions.
- Assist in cross-cluster decision making through collaborative resolution and problem solving.
- Identify and analyse key trends to drive business competitiveness.
- Facilitate discussions on key strategic interventions through business meetings.
- Provide planning guidelines and facilitate planning reviews and making strategic choices in line with business imperatives.
- Review cluster aspirations; targets and milestones through analytics and reporting.
- Evaluate threats and opportunities in terms of impact and risk through market analytics and research.
- Plan and implement effective ways to cascade and communicate the cluster strategy and strategic initiatives to Divco, Manco and wider NAR audience.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders by identifying and responding to their business and communication needs.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders through participation in industry bodies, Nedbank committees and forums.
Responsibilities + Skills
SWOT analysisBCG Matrix/7-S frameworksPorters 5 ForcesScenario PlanningDeveloping a functional/divisional strategy
Applicable Technology qualification/sMasters in Business Administration
8-10 years working experience and relevant industry experience