Retail & Business Banking
- To lead the team of Account Executives in order to achieve Business Banking objectives.
- To drive and manage the profitable delivery of a proactive, value adding sales, solution and service platform through the Business Banking Centre in order to grow and retain high-value business.
- To leverage and optimise resource capacity and market potential within the Business Centre.
- To manage operational risk for the Business Banking Centre within the regulatory and compliance framework of the Bank.
- To maximise Business Banking growth, retention and profitability targets for the Business Centre
- Allocates sales budgets in line with catchment dynamics.
- Drives and supports the Business Centre team to achieve all sales targets.
- Supports the Business Centre team to translate the sales growth objectives into clear sales tactics and regularly analyses management information (MI) to inform and strengthen the sales tactics.
- Measures, tracks and manages sales targets and performance for the team on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Facilitates partnerships with the catchment stakeholders and other business stakeholders (e.g., Vehicle and Asset Finance; Business Online; Standard Bank Financial Consultancy (SBFC); Standard Bank Insurance Brokers (SBIB) etc.] to leverage leads, cross-sells and business growth opportunities.
- Effectively implements the customer value chain analysis (CVCA), and Business Development Committee (BDC) initiatives.
- Ensures effective on-boarding of customers to ensure active and profitable customer relationships.
- Drives initiatives that support growth in the Black Small Medium Enterprises (BSME) lending book and transformation of the customer base
- Responsible for the achievement of financial budgets of the Business Centre through optimal growth of balances, margin management and revenue streams.
- Allocates financial budgets in line with the catchment dynamics.
- Implements and controls the pricing tactics and parameters for the Business Centre in line with pricing policy and financial targets.
- Measures, tracks and manages sales targets and budgets for the Business Centres.
- Approves and/or makes recommendations for all pricing concessions outside the Account Executive mandate
- Responsible for inspiring, motivating, leading and managing the team.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development and retention of relevant skills in order to meet the business needs.
- Ensures the effective selection of staff by matching the skills and competencies to the requirements of the job.
- Ensures skills assessments and competency-based training takes place as and when required.
- Drive 100% compliance training for all staff.
- Builds organisational capabilities through evaluating likely future requirements and ensuring that individuals are provided with the best possible development opportunities in line with these.
- Creates an environment in which learning and development are emphasised and valued.
- Takes personal responsibility for coaching and mentoring others.
- Effectively delegates authority and responsibility, in line with business objectives, to ensure the empowerment, motivation and effectiveness of all direct and indirect reports.
Responsibilities + Skills
Effective Business CommunicationInternal communications strategyCustomer UnderstandingProduct KnowledgePlanning, Forecasting and BudgetingBusiness AcumenAchievement of sales targetsAchievement of economic profit targetsAchievement of the customer experience measurement targetsSatisfactory risk and compliance audit results
Degree in Business CommerceHonours Degree is preferred
Experience:7-10 years in Personal and Business BankingManagerial experience of 5 years as an Account Executive dealing with high-value commercial customers.Experience in preparing and motivating credit applications for arbitration purposes as well as experience in budgeting, forecasting, cost control and sales management.