- To lead the team of Account Executives in order to achieve Business Banking objectives.
- To drive and manage the profitable delivery of a proactive, value adding sales, solution and service platform through the Business Banking Centre in order to grow and retain high-value business.
- To leverage and optimise resource capacity and market potential within the Business Centre.
- To manage operational risk for the Business Banking Centre within the regulatory and compliance framework of the Bank.
- To maximise Business Banking growth, retention and profitability targets for the Business Centre
- Allocates sales budgets in line with catchment dynamics.
- Drives and supports the Business Centre team to achieve all sales targets.
- Supports the Business Centre team to translate the sales growth objectives into clear sales tactics and regularly analyses management information (MI) to inform and strengthen the sales tactics.
- Measures, tracks and manages sales targets and performance for the team on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Facilitates partnerships with the catchment stakeholders and other business stakeholders (e.g., Vehicle and Asset Finance; Business Online; Standard Bank Financial Consultancy (SBFC); Standard Bank Insurance Brokers (SBIB) etc.] to leverage leads, cross-sells and business growth opportunities.
- Effectively implements the customer value chain analysis (CVCA), and Business Development Committee (BDC) initiatives.
- Ensures effective on-boarding of customers to ensure active and profitable customer relationships.
- Drives initiatives that support growth in the Black Small Medium Enterprises (BSME) lending book and transformation of the customer base
- Responsible for the achievement of financial budgets of the Business Centre through optimal growth of balances, margin management and revenue streams.
Responsibilities + Skills
Effective Business CommunicationInternal communications strategyCustomer UnderstandingProduct KnowledgePlanning, Forecasting and BudgetingBusiness AcumenAchievement of sales targets
Degree in Business CommerceHonours Degree is preferred
Experience:7-10 years in Personal and Business BankingManagerial experience of 5 years as an Account Executive dealing with high-value commercial customers.