To provide a superior client service through people by applying sound lending credit principles thereby enabling Nedbank to grow its client base within an acceptable credit risk appetite.
- Suggest alternative funding solutions by making recommendations based on the credit policy guideline and the analysis based on the information provided.
- Manage daily activities of direct reports by monitoring the staff output.
- Manage performance and build the intellectual capital of the team by conducting on the job training, counselling and coaching.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders by providing a range of specialized credit risk management advisory services.
- Manage client expectations by operating within the specified parameters and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Ensure compliance by sanctioning credit decisions based on the credit policy guideline in conjunction with relevant Nedbank strategy and the analysis based on the information provided within applicable mandate.
- Enhance policies and procedures by recommending and making submissions to the relevant parties.
- Adapt to changes in Legislation, economic and industry conditions by implementing the changes to credit policies, processes and systems where applicable.
- Manage and sustain acceptable credit risk appetite by applying credit risk management processes to diverse portfolios.
- Give overview of the book by developing and preparing portfolio review presentations based on the Management Information System (MIS).
- Identify the various credit risks pertaining to a client by analysing and interpreting financial, market and business information.
- Ensure quality of submissions of credit applications /reviews / portfolio reports by reviewing and evaluating information from direct reports and stakeholders.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems, process, services and solutions are aligned.
- Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management.
- Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe.
- Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders' businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g. Green Strategy).
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
Responsibilities + Skills
Btech in Credit Management, Post Graduate Qualifications.Essential CertificationsCA, CFA, MBA
Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Working with a group to come up with alternative solutions to a problemAnalysing situations or data that require an in depth evaluation of multiple factorsBuilding and maintaining effective cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholdersInteracting with various levels of managementManaging conflict situations