20 September 2019
To report on key aspects of the credit portfolio across business units and lending products on a group level to provide oversight; thereby contributing to optimising the credit portfolio quality; and enhancing productivity by providing the necessary business reports and insights; in line with Nedbank’s strategic objectives.
Monitoring and Reporting:
• Provide independent review and insight to stakeholders to inform prudent risk management.
• Review reports prepared by the team to gain consensus and highlight pertinent credit risk issues.
• Track credit performance against business plan objectives and recommend corrective action as required.
• Optimise processes, procedures and systems through benchmarking to international best practices.
• Demonstrate understanding of key financial and business drivers per business unit.
• Provide financial and management reports to relevant stakeholders.
• Participate in risk committees and forums to identify new risks.
• Monitor that the bank adheres to documented processes and credit policies.
Innovation and improvement:
• Contribute to the maintenance of an up-to-date and future ready credit policy aligned to the banks strategic objectives and risk appetite.
• Stay abreast of developments in the field of credit risk of expertise and deliver on the expectations from stakeholders by building capability of self and staff through identifying current and future training and development needs.
• Encourage the team to generate innovative ideas and share knowledge.
• Drive credit data enhancements and improved automation of reports.
• Reduce duplication of effort across the reports, the team and across the bank.
Responsibilities + Skills
Professional Qualifications/Honours DegreePost graduate qualification in Risk Management, Accounting, Finance or Auditing or MBA or Management/ Leadership Programmes.
Communication and collaboration: Identify, establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders. Create an environment of teamwork and encourage participation in decision-making processes.Team management and co-ordination: Implement performance agreements, ensure a clear vision, agree on goals and objectives, provide regular feedback on performance, recognise and reward achievement and take appropriate corrective action where required. Review and monitor the teams work to ensure accuracy and quality. Monitor quality and achievements of standards by reconciliation, logic-checks and user-testing of outputs. Mentor and coach staff on identified performance gaps by discussing these performance gaps and agree on appropriate action to be taken. Foster an environment where people feel motivated to perform and contribute to the success of the business by creating environment of teamwork through engaging with staff (sharing information)
8 - 10 years credit / audit experience in banking industryType of Exposure Managing a team Coaching and mentoring others Developing a Business Unit strategy plan Developing a stakeholder management grid for the business Developing resource plans to execute functional strategies Managing business risks Conducting benchmarking exercises to investigate improvement opportunities Networking and building relationships Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with peers / subordinates / managers