Yoco is a FinTech company. We focus on building tools and services to help small and micro businesses get paid, run better, and grow. We believe in unlocking entrepreneurial potential anywhere, in empowering people to thrive and in driving our economy forward.
Yoco was founded in 2013. Today we are a company of over 150 people all driven by a common goal: keeping the needs of our customers at heart. Our vision is Open Commerce and we want to do this to enable people to thrive.
The TechOps team allows Yoco to create new customer value fast. This is the team that lays and protects the foundation so that we can build amazing things quickly and securely. They also ensure that once deployed, our systems are stable, and scale effectively.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Keep our systems running.
- Assist with the design and deployment of systems infrastructure for installing secure, highly available software at scale.
- Work within a team of world-class TechOps Engineers, sharing knowledge and mentoring junior engineers.
- Automate common functionality to empower various depts to manage their infrastructure needs independently.
- Implement, monitor and scale systems that support large amounts of data and requests with a very high percentage of availability.
- Deploy, update, network, compute, storage, and virtualisation infrastructure for our services and 3rd party tools.
- Work cross-functionally to understand the requirements for architecting infrastructure according to the scale and volume of data.
- Maintain and improve our CI/CD infrastructure.
- Establish best practices for security, monitoring, migration and expansion of business systems infrastructure.
- Own the troubleshooting and debugging of performance problems and architecture bottlenecks.
Responsibilities + Skills
Are experienced in writing code in multiple scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, etc.Take lead on various projects and work collaboratively across the entire organisation.Are transparent, articulate and driven to succeed.
Expert in debugging issues, identifying faults and enhancing logging of software.Are experienced in IT infrastructure and systems security, cloud or network systems management, and business continuity.Have knowledge of Terraform, Puppet and Kubernetes preferred.
At least 6+ years of expert experience in designing, building and maintaining AWS cloud-based infrastructure.At least 3+ years of experience as a Senior member of a team.