To Implement the vision and strategy including the leadership and culture philosophy, stakeholder approach and internal methods and tools. This should include alignment to the Nedbank and Business Unit strategy. Exhibit diverse, visionary and inspirational leadership
- Support the periodic assessments of the outcomes of internal audit work to appropriate governing bodies, including the GAC and Board Risk Committee;
- Support the reporting on the overall effectiveness of the governance, risk and internal control framework of the Group;
- Comply with regulatory and corporate governance expectations of internal audit functions;
- Report significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities of the Group, including potential improvements to those processes;
- Report periodically on the progress of the audit plan delivery
- Maintain and report on whether Business Banking Audit has sufficient professional audit staff with knowledge, skills, experience and professional qualifications to meet the requirements of the audit plan;
- Have in place a robust process to follow-up management’s agreed actions to address issues raised by the team;
- Accountable for the delivery and measurable performance of their respective portfolio, including assistance in the audit plan delivery;
- Apply judgement to provide an overall audit opinion on the system of internal financial controls of the Group;
- Provide insights from the outcomes of internal audit work to appropriate governing bodies
- Maintain an open and constructive relationship as a Trusted Advisor with internal and external stakeholders including Institute of Internal Audit, SARB, External Audit and Business Executives.
- Implement effective and efficient audit processes to ensure that audit processes are optimized and comply with regulatory and corporate governance expectations of internal audit functions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business and key stakeholders in order to ensure robustness and completeness of audit coverage and contribute at an insight generator/trusted advisor to business to enhance assurance provided of the control environment;
- Contribute to the development of a 12 month rolling audit plan using a risk-based methodology, taking into consideration specific business strategic focus areas, regulatory requirements pertaining to internal audit, as well as including any risks or control concerns identified by management, the GAC and the Board;
- Deliver and report on the rolling risk-based plan;
- Have a robust process in place to follow-up and report on progress in implementing agreed actions to address issues identified by the Audit plan;
- Maintain an open and constructive relationship with the Chief Internal Auditor, other Heads of Audit, Business executives, and key stakeholders by providing value added services and sharing information.
Responsibilities + Skills
Having a bias for actionFocussing efforts on execution and implementationPracticing decisive leadershipSimplifying things
Understanding that risk is at the centre of everything in bankingDeveloping the appropriate risk appetiteManaging risk without stifling innovationBeing sensible about risk
Being a strategic thinkerBeing a strategic translatorBeing a strategic doerFacilitating strategic dialogue