To provide technical expertise in terms of fiduciary services within Nedbank Private Wealth, in support of the Wealth Managers and directly, to HNW and UHNW clients as part of a holistic wealth management proposition.
- Prepare high-level estate and tax planning reports for HNW and UHNW individuals who are clients of Nedbank Private Wealth. The individual must possess the required skills to be able to review existing estate planning tools of clients, analyse clients' unique needs and circumstances, and make appropriate recommendations with respect to estate and tax planning tools and techniques that can be used to meet clients' unique needs and cater for clients' unique circumstances.
- Provide South African and international structuring advice, which includes the following: Consultation in connection with, and taking instructions for, the drafting of a will and possible creation of a testamentary trust. Drafting and establishing South African trust deeds, i.e. inter vivos’s trusts and charitable trusts and other philanthropic structures in South Africa in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations and best practice. Drafting relevant legal contracts, e.g. sales agreements and loan agreements. Facilitating the establishment of offshore trusts, investment/property holding companies, and international pension and savings-related arrangements. Provision of comprehensive explanations as to the tax consequences that flow from any of the above as well as any other product offered by Nedbank Private Wealth. Provision of exchange control advice. Review of existing trusts.
- Become a member of the Nedbank Private Wealth Fiduciary Specialist Forum. Active participation will be required to achieve the purpose for which this forum has been established. The individual will have to do the following: - Provide updates with respect to legislative and regulatory developments. Create house views on fiduciary-related matters. Contribute towards ensuring the document library is kept up to date, e.g. estate planning reports, trust deeds and loan agreements. Proactively develop fiduciary-related solutions for Nedbank Private Wealth clients. Contribute articles on estate and tax planning, trusts, wills and international for Fiduciary Focus – a newsletter that is distributed to clients to create awareness of our fiduciary capabilities.
- Arrange regular training sessions with wealth managers and other client-facing people.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other group divisions in the region, with Nedgroup Trust.
- Make sure national compliance and risk management processes and procedures are in place and ensure adherence therewith.
- Ensure commercially viable delivery of the above functions.
Responsibilities + Skills
Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior CertificateProfessional Qualifications/Honours Degree
Degree preferably a law degreeHigher Diploma in Tax or HDIP TaxPostgraduate Diploma in Financial Planning
Conducting performance feedback meetingsCreating a business planChecking performance data to measure employee performanceImplementing a strategic planMeasuring client satisfaction