Group Shared Services: driving operational excellence, transparency and continuous improvement across our business, by leveraging scale, capabilities and innovation.
To supervise and lead the team in providing a service to internal and external customers. Effectively liaising with internal (other departments) and external (MasterCard, VISA, BankServe, Agent Banks) customers and ensure a timeous and professional service delivery. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards. To supervise the processing of all local and international settlement in respect of Credit, Debit, Fleet and Prepaid cards issued by SBSA, including Card Africa, CAPITEC, African Bank, Diners Club; and to ensure the successful settlement of funds between SBSA and other entities where necessary
• Ensure accurate actioning of all reports in respect of settlement and billing as well as ensuring reconciliation of all affected accounts are completed daily to a balanced state
• Ensure all processes are undertaken in line with Group Reference Guide procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. (GAAP)
• Efficiently manage the control measures in terms of Departmental costs, as per laid down procedures
• Ensure that staff control and monitor old records in terms of retention periods
• Manage the team by ensuring customer service levels are met and SLA’s are met and above standard.
• Comply with operating processes to ensure that quality and operational targets are met.
• Ensure error rate is kept at a minimum.
• Identify risks and inconsistencies regarding systems and processes
• Identify gaps in the settlement process by highlighting incidents and providing input into trend analysis
• Remedy service breakdowns and to maintain the highest level of service thereafter
• Control and manage risk and costs
Responsibilities + Skills
Ensuring no bulking of amounts on the ReconsEnsuring exceptions are handled and no manipulation of data by self or consultantsQueries are logged via QMS and correct monitoring and measuring takes place
Verifying correct VAT is applied to all accounts where neededSigning off of reconsEnsuring Exchange Control rules are applied and followed
Conduct staff performance appraisals and manage the staff training and development plan, for direct reports, resulting in a well-trained and motivated team. Assist with recruitment and selection when required.