Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for an experienced Cloud Technical Support Specialist to join our Infrastructure & Operations IT team at our Johannesburg offices. Standard Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
To support the technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the technical domain by implementing solutions and advice to business across multiple problem sets, working with vendors to improve IT technical domain solutions.
Provide operational maintenance and production support in Technical domain functionality
• Support the technical IT domain solution in both project and production support environments.
• Provide a service that combines all the elements of consultancy and Implementation, thus providing support for an end-to-end enablement and implementation service.
• Give input to the development of customized solutions.
• Participate in the planning, development and implementation of the IT Domain projects and enhancements.
• Monitor projects throughou
t all phases to ensure compliance to design standards, and to ensure that the designed solution matches the business requirements, alerting project and IT leadership when there are potential disconnects.
• Consult with Technical SME to assist in the development of a solution design which is compliant with the Architecture and standards of the Standard Bank Group.
• Review enhancement requests and designs to ensure system optimization and performance by working with various internal partners.
• Earn client trust and respect by providing insights on issues impacting the client's business regarding the technical IT domain.
Responsibilities + Skills
- Capacity ManagementApplication Knowledge for SupportDatabase AdministrationDebuggingChange ManagementTechnology OrientationInfrastructure/PlatformsIT Systems
Conduct research using available resources with respect to the technical IT domain and share knowledge with team members. Interact with IT Domain vendors, professional bodies and peers as appropriate to keep abreast of technology developments and business trends relevant to technical IT domain
3-4 Years dealing with senior level of the business and technology stakeholders across medium organizations. Experience in logical and physical infrastructure domain.3-4 Years Knowledge and experience dealing with medium level problems in the infrastructure space having worked across multiple domains.