Who are we?
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia. Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centred on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper. What will you do?
A position at Santam exists for a position as Commercial and Personal lines Underwriter based at our offices in Pretoria. Please note that the incumbent will be office-bound and a company vehicle does not form part of the job offering. What will make you successful in this role?
- Do all support administration and capturing on Santam systems, of all Personal Lines and Commercial policies, related to any policy information (includes new applications, any changes and quotes).
- Create and implement a sales strategy and business plan for each individual broker.
- Establish and manage strong relationship with brokers including business managers.
- Responsible for growth of allocated broker portfolio.
- Work with brokers in developing a business plan to grow business.
- Assist in identifying new potential brokers and opportunities for business growth.
- Be aware of competition and market information.
- Facilitate the sales process and ensure that brokers deal with correct channels.
- Facilitate finalization of quotes
- Monthly analysis of figures down to broker level
- Implementation of underwriting policies for Personal and Commercial Lines.
Responsibilities + Skills
Sales experience in financial sectorExperience in maintaining and growing a profitable portfolio.
Completed GR12Insurance related qualification will be advantageous.FAIS compliant 150 credits on NQF Level 4
At least 3 years personal and commercial lines experience in an operational environmentExperience on Santam systems: Policy Centre and Mainframe.