What will you do?
Provide leading underwriting competencies and apply a risk based evaluation mind set in the construction and financial sector.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Provide efficient, criteria driven underwriting competency, a thorough understanding of accounting principals
- Evaluate facility applications and prepare a convincing opinion on whether to accept or decline.
- Administer the recording and allocation of transactions effectively on Santam systems in order to produce accurate and relevant reports and trending statements
- Represent Santam at client meetings for both underwriting and review purposes
- Provide excellent service to existing and new brokers and clients
- Produce and present bi-annual reviews of all clients
- Prepare various ad-hoc reports for management feedback
- Administer Security files and annual audits
- Implement Risk analysis and review of facilities and portfolio
- Contribute to the development of a market risk platform
- Audit KIT system information (with that of client GT’s and retained exposure)
- Facilitate premium collection on outstanding debtors
- Conduct web-based research in support of business underwriting
- Market research for industry awareness, opportunities and threats
Responsibilities + Skills
Ability to work with accuracy and speedTechnical and Analytical SkillsStrategic relationship builder
BSc (QS) / BTech (Building Surveying) / BCom (Hons).Minimum 5 years experience in the construction industry.
Ability to evaluate incomplete data and scenarios and offer an insightful and confident opinionAbility to work with demanding stakeholdersAdvanced financial insights into construction