Retail & Business Banking
- To take demand (in branch) from personal customers for any banking matters ranging from product questions to customer account activities (e.g., opening accounts, statements, debit order information, etc.), whilst forming an accurate assessment and understanding of that demand in order to act on it in a one-and-done manner that consistently delivers what matters to the customer within product and legislative (e.g., FAIS) parameters.
- To drive customer service excellence in order to add value and contribute to the overall profitability of the branch.
- To use data to identify system conditions that may hinder capability of response and what matters to the customer, whilst maximising value demand.
Determine personal customer demand:
- Engages with customers in order to understand what matters to the customer and deliver against those demands.
- Validates the customer’s regulatory status (e.g., KYC, POPI, etc.).
- Identifies authenticity of the customer (where required) in order to prevent disclosure of information to unauthorised persons.
- Takes ownership of every demand and provides the customer with an immediate response (depending on the nature of the demand) or facilitates the completion of the customer demand. Drives one-and-done as far as possible – updates relevant systems with history notes as applicable.
- Understands the risks associated with the customer demand and adheres to all risk and compliance requirements when executing on demand.
- Deals with customer enquiries, ranging from product questions to customer account activities.
Responsibilities + Skills
Delivers against what matters to the customer (within laid-down policies and procedures).Value vs failure demand (improvement in ratio of value demand versus failure demand).Improvement of capability of response.Customer demand perfectly delivered without any comebacks (e.g., one-and-done; reduced abandonment rates).Customer satisfaction rating.
Adheres to the purpose and team principles (i.e. holding each other accountable).Adheres to and adopts new methods within the work.
Fais Accredited QualificationPost-matric qualification (Diploma/Degree) NQF 5 and Above1-2 years Personal and Business Banking