Job Description

takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented UX Team Lead to join our Product team in Cape Town.In this role, you will guide research and design processes, mentor talented members of the design team, and collaborate with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful and innovative experiences across all of Takealot's digital platforms.You are a great design team leader, manager, systems-level design thinker - with an outstanding intuition - who will provide leadership and direction for a team of designers. You have a sense for clean design and are committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows. You also take time to understand the performance side of design, and also the business aspects of the products.This is a hands-on role: you should expect to spend at least 70% of your time performing UX tasks and producing UX artifacts. The other 30% of your time will be split between day-to-day people management, recruitment and strategic planning with other leads and senior management.

Responsibilities + Skills

Customer researchTask analysisMarket researchUsability testingA/B testingData analysis

Education

Information architecture & information designInteraction designPersona creationUser-centered design

Experience

Job Summary

  • Published on: Tuesday, 21st July 2020
  • Designation: UX Team Lead
  • industry: Miscellaneous
  • Vacancy: 1
  • Employment Status: Full-time
  • Job Location: Alice
  • Salary: 0
  • Gender:
  • Application Deadline: Tuesday, 21st July 2020

About the Company

  • Company Name: takealot.com.
  • Address:
  • Website: www.takealot.com
  • Company Profile:
  • Takealot.com was officially launched in June 2011, following the successful acquisition of an existing ecommerce business called Take2 by the US-based investment firm, Tiger Global Management and Kim Reid in October 2010. Today, takealot.com is the leading ecommerce retailer in ... Read moreMission: Takealot.com’s mission is to be the most customer-centric online shopping destination in Africa, and has built a foundation on the simple concept that the customer comes first.The success of the business is based on its ability to delight customers with amazing customer service. Takealot.com is dedicated to improving the customer experience, from the moment you arrive on the website or app and place an order to when it arrives at your door. 

Simillar Jobs

+ Browse All Jobs

More From 'Miscellaneous'

+ Browse All Jobs